Qualifications and skills required:
· At least Master's Degree academic level or equivalent professional experience relating to democratic governance, civic education, access to formal and informal justice. Those with PhD will have an added advantage;
General professional experience:
· Professional evaluation skills and other expertise as needed such as, for example, democratic sector-specific expertise, team management skills, gender expertise, communication and language skills etc. o Good leadership and coordination skills with minimum of 3 years of experience of team management.
Specific professional experience:
· Must have carried out at least eight evaluations conducted in the Sub Saharan Africa region
· Must have carried out at least 5 assignments as a Team Leader
· Must have carried out at least 3 assignments relating to development of data collection tools or; data analysis and reporting (using appropriate computer packages) including Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning tools
· Sound understanding of Development Cooperation and democratic governance demonstrated by having evaluated at least 4 projects/programmes in this area,
· Must have carried out at least 5 assignments relating to the organization and conducting workshops/seminars.
Language skills: English: Fluency in both written and oral English (at least level C1). Knowledge of the local language will be considered an asset