Category 2 Expert:
Qualifications and skills required:
· At least Master's Degree academic level or equivalent professional experience relating to democratic governance, civic education, access to formal and informal justice. Those with PhD will have an added advantage.
General professional experience:
· Professional evaluation skills and other expertise as needed such as, for example, democratic sector-specific expertise, communication and language skills, ability to work efficiently in a team etc.
· Sound understanding of Development Cooperation and democratic governance demonstrated by having evaluated at least 3 projects/programmes in this area.
Specific professional experience:
· Must have carried out at least five evaluations of donor funded programmes/projects relating to democratic governance or the justice sector conducted in the Sub Saharan Africa region;
· Must have carried out at least 2 assignments relating to development of data collection tools or; data analysis and reporting (using appropriate computer packages) including Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning tools.
Language skills: English: Fluency in both written and oral English (at least level C1). Knowledge of the local language will be considered an asset. Languages levels